Ray V

You are missing the benefit to you of us Normites. If a 7 level C141-B
mechanic like me can can watch Norm and say, "I could do that if I had those
tools..", it lowers the price of tools for the 'real' WWs.
What difference does it make if mine sit in the garage for years and the
insulation on the cord rots away, it lowered the price for everyone.

And one day,... maybe I will learn how to use a hand plane or mix finish.
Until then I can make things that make me and SWMBO happy and are better
than anything I can buy.

--

Too much is not enough!
rvojtash NOT THIS at comcast (dot) net
"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"good ol' Bob" wrote:

Yeah, but what's that got to do with Norm not being on HGTV?

And that begs the question: WHO-the-heck gives a tinkers darn what the
f*uck(sorry, slipped) happened/happens to Norm.

I realize that I am taking one helluva chance with my life here, forced
onto an ice-floe, set ablaze after being drenched in whale oil, cursed
and forced to listen to Celine Dijon [sic] whilst surrounded by
halographic images of a naked Michael Jackson... the horror...the
horror...but I think Norm is just another shill for the corporate side.
Good for him and I admire his success so don't get me wrong. I admire
the guy for that reason. But I find his shows less than inspiring. It
teaches very few techniques that aren't solved by a CNC laser guided
framulator. IOW.... he does nothing to inspire me. Nothing.
I don't watch a whole lot of TV, other than F-1, but Marks, in that
genre, at least forces me to think.

I recall early HGTV (at least here in Kanuckistan) where a couple was
showing people how to make their own kitchen:
"..and now, we use the Blum hinge inserting machine to complete the
door..." I mean..WTF???

I'd rather watch a rerun of Lewis and Lambchop and let my imagination
stick Lambchop into Norm's Timesaver. I know... you have all had that
thought....I'm just the only one here honest enough to admit it.

0¿0

Rob