Charles Perry

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello Everybody!

I am working on my Eagle Scout project for the Boy Scouts of America
and I am looking for a metal pole. I am going to set up a civil defense
siren in northern Arizona. They are currently experiencing droughts and
forest fires every summer. This is for a small rural community that is
in danger of fire. This would allow for a rapid evacuation should one
be necessary. We have the siren donated, and most of the other
materials we will need. We are currently looking for a metal pole now,
and I wondered if anyone had a surplus metal pole, knew of where I
could find a surplus or used metal pole, or someone who might have
information in general about metal poles of this caliber, useful
information that I can use in my search.

The siren weighs 2,700lbs. The metal pole needs to be able to withstand
that much weight. The siren will rotate causing a vibration motion. The
minimum height the pole needs to be is 6 feet per government
regulations, however the taller the pole is the farther the sound
carries, thus allowing it to do a better job!

Thank you for your help!
Jkeagle13 (at) aol (dot) com

Others have made good suggestions (water and oil drilling companies). You
might try the utility (APS). I am sure they use metal poles in some of
their construction. Ask the right person, and you might get one donated.

Charles Perry P.E.