Dan C

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:36:41 -0500, orangetrader wrote:

There are several ways to fix the problem, from riping up the kitchen tile
and open a minimum 18" x 18" hole through the concrete slab and replace the
PVC pipe from above - cost: $1750 + cabinet + tile + counter top
replacement, or trench a lateral tunnel 6 feet long from the side of the
house and at least 7 feet deep to get under the 3' deep footing for about
$3000 minimum, to other solutions. They are all tricky and they are all
expensive. Why do you all assume this is a half day roll up your sleeve and
do it solution?

Perhaps I assumed that because you haven't given any details about what
the problem was with the drain. Is it clogged? Broken?

As for the fix, it doesn't cost that much money to dig a trench. I'll
come over and do it for only $1000 if you'd like.

Linux Registered User #327951