Davide Davide is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil
We have a 1960's block wooden parquet floor in our entrance hall which is
driving me crazy!....It would look fabulous if we could just stop it getting
scratched. Have tried tough floor varnish but it doesn't seem to make any
difference. With four kids it's impossible to keep yelling "mind the
floor!" everytime anyone walks through the door - and anyway floors are made
to walk on and I'm that unusual type of female that doesn't like nagging
(yes really!). Love the look of the floor otherwise and don't really want
to change it - does anyone have any suggestions on what we could use to stop
it scratching and marking - non-slip of course!

Lil
We have poliurethane lacquer (several brands available) - which is not completely immune to scratches from the dog's claws, but after 3 years they barely show near the door to the garden. It's a bit of a pain to apply (need to re-sand the floor, then apply multiple coats and leave to dry in between, and it's not exactly a pleasure to smell).

The other option is to ignore the scratches, just buff them with some wax/polish and wait for them to get more uniform (look at any stately home's floors - they are not pristine, but they can look nice because they are scratched all over, not just in a few places).

Last edited by Davide : March 2nd 05 at 02:49 PM