Rick Cook

SteveB wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Hello Everybody!

I am working on my Eagle Scout project for the Boy Scouts of America
and I am looking for a metal pole. I am going to set up a civil defense
siren in northern Arizona. They are currently experiencing droughts and
forest fires every summer. This is for a small rural community that is
in danger of fire. This would allow for a rapid evacuation should one
be necessary. We have the siren donated, and most of the other
materials we will need. We are currently looking for a metal pole now,
and I wondered if anyone had a surplus metal pole, knew of where I
could find a surplus or used metal pole, or someone who might have
information in general about metal poles of this caliber, useful
information that I can use in my search.

The siren weighs 2,700lbs. The metal pole needs to be able to withstand
that much weight. The siren will rotate causing a vibration motion. The
minimum height the pole needs to be is 6 feet per government
regulations, however the taller the pole is the farther the sound
carries, thus allowing it to do a better job!

Thank you for your help!
Jkeagle13 (at) aol (dot) com

Have you done the proper required spotted owl impact study for this project
yet?

The feds are going to ask you.

Steve ;-)

Kidding. He thinks he's kidding.