Sugar Free

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:50:39 -0000, "Jim Alexander"
wrote:

Well the rest of Europe seems either to have got it right first time or
changed and survived.

Have you ever worked on a European installation?

Didn't think so. Most of Europe is a disaster waiting to happen.

Maybe it already has......

The whole point of most harmonisation is that the furriners want OUR
standards. Only so long as they can make it look like we need theirs,
though.

Its clear its the british standards establishment
that go it wrong.

Only in places.

They should never have changed the colours of flexible cable to start
with!

Seems to me that having harmonised flexible cable
colours, wasn't that so that the colour blind, quite a common affliction
could distinguish, its inevitable and right that fixed wiring should
follow.

Then it should have harmonised at the same time, no?

Besides, most recognised electrical installers have in place
safeguards to ensure colour blind people do not get put in the
position of electrocuting themselves.

Easy solution, make sure we only employ eastern european sparkies.

No thanks.

Oh well happenning anyway.

And changing again, rapidly.