Do Litlle Jr.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all...

I have some old line conditioners (of the Sola brand) with large
transformers, a capacitor and maybe some other stuff inside. These are
big and heavy things.

I asked a long time ago in this group if these happened to be isolation
transformers as well...but nobody knew for certain and I didn't want to
take a chance on my safety.

So what I'm looking for is some kind of a test that can be used to
determine if something is an isolation transformer. Is there any test
that can be used to determine this? What equipment would be needed?

No transformer model or number?

If it's one of those old brownish looking Sola's than
look under the top cover-plate for the circuit diagram.

Regardless, any isolation transformer should have a very, very large
resistance reading between the primary and secondary windings .
With most common DMM it would read infinity.