Proctologically Violated©®

Default Sweating Copper w/ O/A??

Awl--

Someone ripped my B-tank sweating set-up. Turbo-Torch, Goss repalcements
are, yikes, $200.
I seem to remember a less fancy ditty for $60-70. Anyone know where I can
get something like this? HD, Sears just have the bitty propane stuff.
Plumbing supply houses only carry the $200 stuff.

BUT,
Can I just use my regyoolar O/A , w/ a highly reducing flame (ie, not a lot
of Ox so's I don't wind up melting the copper)??? I have various size
welding tips--as well as cutting tips.

Yeah, now I gotta lug two tanks around, but I don't do a lot of sweating
anyway (this partic. job may req. more heat than propane can give), so maybe
I can save some bucks?

Does it make sense that low ox pressure would be equivalent to TurboTorches
venturi-type air, ie, air sucked in or aspirated w/ the acetylene flow?

Strange, but if memory serves, the TT flame almost looks like an O/A flame,
but w/ just atmospheric air!! Not like it smokes or anything. Yet there
has to be a substantial diff. in heat/temp, right?? Just curious about
that.

Hope you all can help, as this plumbing job--or lack thereof--is causing
some amount of grief.
And that $200 for a TT ain't exactly burnin holes in my pocket.
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll