Alan

wrote in message
ups.com...
I know Fluidmaster warns that using the typical bleach toilet cleaning
tablets harm the parts to their various toilet hardware, but is this
true? Does vinyl tubing and plastic break down in the presence of a
bleach-water solution? I ask because I installed Fluidmaster's own
bleach cartridge system, but I'm not goiing to pay $7 for each
replacement cart.

Thank you.

I think the problem has to do with the flush tower seal - it is silicon, not
rubber or plastic. It's been years since I had a chemistry course, but I
think the oxygen in the bleach would combine with the silicon, possibly
turning it into sand. Just a guess. Check the ingredients on the Fluidmaster
bleach and see if it is oxygen-free.