Al

wrote in -
internet.com:

We are building a house that is about 2200 sq ft. The kitchen and
utility room are at one end and the bedroom/bathrooms are at the
other. We want to consider either installing two hot water
heaters(one in each end) or a circulating hot water system. We would
appreciate receiving any advice and experience to help us in this
choice. We are told by our builder that the original cost is about
the same. Thanks

I have 2 hot water heaters in my 3000sq ft house. One serves the kitchen,
laundry and front bathroom. The other, at the other end of the house,
serves 2 bathrooms. I am extremly happy with this setup. Within 2 to 3
seconds there is hot water in the bathrooms or the kitchen. And if my wife
starts laundry before my shower, she is not using my hot water. I cannot
compare it with a circulating system since I never had one but I think this
is ideal.