John A. Weeks III

In article ,
wrote:

We are building a house that is about 2200 sq ft. The kitchen and
utility room are at one end and the bedroom/bathrooms are at the
other. We want to consider either installing two hot water
heaters(one in each end) or a circulating hot water system. We would
appreciate receiving any advice and experience to help us in this
choice. We are told by our builder that the original cost is about
the same. Thanks

You might want to check code on this. Circulating hot water
is a huge energy waster, and it is illegal in many states.
One option for the kitchen/utility area is an instant hot
water heater under-sink. These are popular in Europe, and
they do a pretty good job. Otherwise, check out electric
storage water heaters. They are super insulated. The idea
is that you get off-peak metering and heat the water at
night. The insulation keeps it warm during the day, and
it takes only a little power to keep the temperature topped
off.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708

Newave Communications