Larry Jaques

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:58:02 -0600, the inscrutable Richard J Kinch
spake:

Bart D. Hull writes:

Two friends have already had the HF /import lifts destroy the ram and
drop the load.

I was using mine (in the "1000 lbs" position) to pull up on some small palm
tree stumps to uproot them. I must have overloaded it because the inside

Palms have a single taproot. Dig around the base and push sideways to
crack and remove them. Then fill in the hole.

and outside tubes of the telescoping lifting arm are both bent slightly
now, and I can't stow it all the way in. So it would appear that the
hydraulic ram does not bypass before bending the tool structure itself.

Not sure how I can straighten it, either. Bother.

Remove it, flip it over, weld on another bracket, reinstall, and
have at that stump again. Once you have it straight, do NOT attempt
to pull that stump any more.

--
Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud.
----