Default Uneven sheen with low-sheen latex enamel on drywall

Our painter sprayed a primer for latex paint onto our new
smoothly-textured drywall.

After a few days, he sprayed on two (2) coats of a low-sheen latex
enamel.

After drying, the ceilings and walls have a number of areas that are
lower/higher sheen than the rest, as seen by looking along the walls,
ceilings.

Is this the inevitable downside of sheen enamel on drywall or could it
be the painter/paint, etc. The painter claims a 3rd coat will fix
everything.

Possibly the sheen contrast will reduce to zero over time, but I'm not
optimistic.

Not sure what the primer was, but the enamel is Frazee Mirro-Glide.

Any suggestions? Thanks.