Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
You put in synthetic oils to what the makers API and viscosities state.
Modern common synthetics at the garages will not be within the stated
spec for older cars. A company called Penrite make synthetics
specifically for older engines. Got it? I doubt it.

Penrite certainly make 20-50 synthetic which 'may' be suitable for older
engines, but what about the oil filter? Or are they just another 'one size
fits all' you are so keen on? Then, of course, there are the materials
used for seals on older engines. Or perhaps you're happy for your *very*
expensive oil to end up on the floor?

--
*Pride is what we have. Vanity is what others have.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.