Zeke

In article , george@least says...

You might want to read it again.

I didn't consider half-blind, because with half-blind, you use a single bit.
What's left behind is the complement of what cut it. Angle no player.

If you had loose or tight joints, you have to adjust the _depth_ of the bit
with half blind. This compensates for differences in diameter. Key to
recognition is the error noted will be consistent from cut to cut.

There is one more potential gotcha, and that's a combination of poor
centering of the guide, and rotating the router when cutting. This will
give inconsistent results from tail to tail.

You'll want to check both of them with any bit and collar, or you're in for
more disappointment.

Heimlich administered.

George, I was simply responding to a question about router bits, I was
not asking for advice on the Leigh jig. I am in no way dissapointed in
the results I get from the jig. The centering of the guide or rotating
the router is not the problem. As I said, I get great results from Leigh
bits, so its not jig setup or router technique. The bit in question will
not produce a tight joint without lowering the bit beyond its cutting
depth. If you still can't believe it send me the postage and you can
have the damn thing.

Zeke
change com to net for e-mail