George

"Zeke" wrote in message
h.net...
In article , george@least says...

OK, I'll bite. How far out do they have to be to exceed the adjustment
capability of the jig? You _have_ read the manual on how to compensate

for
individual bits? The Leigh people recognize the reality that bits are
different even within the _same_ manufacturer's line.

Bite away George, but don't choke on it. I've read the instructions,
have you_ever_used the jig? How does the adjustment capability of the
jig affect the fit of half blind dovetails? A hint, it doesn't. The
angle of the bit does however, but if you had read the instructions you
would know that. I don't know if the bit I tried was undersized, or the
wrong angle, and I don't care. The bit did a very poor job for me. Like
it or not, that is my opinion.

Zeke

You might want to read it again.

I didn't consider half-blind, because with half-blind, you use a single bit.
What's left behind is the complement of what cut it. Angle no player.

If you had loose or tight joints, you have to adjust the _depth_ of the bit
with half blind. This compensates for differences in diameter. Key to
recognition is the error noted will be consistent from cut to cut.

There is one more potential gotcha, and that's a combination of poor
centering of the guide, and rotating the router when cutting. This will
give inconsistent results from tail to tail.

You'll want to check both of them with any bit and collar, or you're in for
more disappointment.

Heimlich administered.