Andy Asberry

On 28 Feb 2005 14:15:01 -0800, "stone" wrote:

I want to make a pipe pole with larger diameter pipe
on the bottom and with a smaller diameter on top.

Is there a way to weld something like this together?

The only way I could think of was to have the smaller
diameter pipe run the entire length and use some sort
of bushing at both ends of the larger diameter. Making
the welds there.

Is there a slick way other than this?

Thanks.

If the fit is sloppy, weld a disc to the bottom of the smaller pipe
that will just fit into the larger. Drill 3 holes around the
circumference of the larger about 2 feet from the top. Insert the
smaller until the disk is visible through the holes. Nice rosette
welds. Another disk (same OD as large pipe) at the top with a hole for
the smaller pipe. Weld to suit.

If the fit is tight, forget the disks.