Tim S

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:50:34 +0000, dmc wrote:

In article ,
Tim S wrote:

If clicky, well, I wouldn't have used that in a kitchen myself, so I might
consider doing the following myself (in theory):

[snip]

I installed the Fake tile stuff in our kitchen last summer. Can;t
remember what it was called but its pretty much the most expensive laminate
that B&Q sell. I think it was about 30 a sq m.

It is fitted just as the instructions said. Click fitted with *no* glue.
The instructions mentioned that glue can cause problems with the joints
being so tight (as you hinted)

I got my Pergo from Allied Carpets, The joints are fairly tight on that.

Given the caveats I've mentioned, it would be worth waiting a couple of
days and see if anyone else pops up who actually did lay laminate in a wet
room, they will undoubtedly have some tips

Well, a few days after fitting it we had a new washing machine. It turns
out that this pumped out a lot quicker than the old one and had been
overflowing the standpipe for quite sometime. No visable damage to the
floor. A couple of weeks ago I found an offcut laying outside on the patio
in a puddle where it had been for 6 months (including all winter). It seems
fine and still clicks into another piece as well as it did when new...

I'm just a worrier. Sounds like it's better than I gave it credit for.
The clicky stuff was very sweet to lay - it was just in summer that I saw
some hairline gaps open at every joint on cooler days. They weren't ugly -
but I just remarked to myself that they might be scunge traps if in a
kitchen.

To the OP: don;t worry. Worth fiddling around with some experiemnts. If
you do glue it, then it won't cause any problems assuming the glue doesn't
prevent the joint going together correctly.

In every other respect it's excellent stuff. Hardwaring (if you got a
quality brand) and very quick to wipe off.

I don't know what it is made of but it is certainly waterproof. I'm
impressed!

Darren