dmc

In article ,
Tim S wrote:

If clicky, well, I wouldn't have used that in a kitchen myself, so I might
consider doing the following myself (in theory):

[snip]

I installed the Fake tile stuff in our kitchen last summer. Can;t
remember what it was called but its pretty much the most expensive laminate
that B&Q sell. I think it was about 30 a sq m.

It is fitted just as the instructions said. Click fitted with *no* glue.
The instructions mentioned that glue can cause problems with the joints
being so tight (as you hinted)

Given the caveats I've mentioned, it would be worth waiting a couple of
days and see if anyone else pops up who actually did lay laminate in a wet
room, they will undoubtedly have some tips

Well, a few days after fitting it we had a new washing machine. It turns
out that this pumped out a lot quicker than the old one and had been
overflowing the standpipe for quite sometime. No visable damage to the
floor. A couple of weeks ago I found an offcut laying outside on the patio
in a puddle where it had been for 6 months (including all winter). It seems
fine and still clicks into another piece as well as it did when new...

I don't know what it is made of but it is certainly waterproof. I'm
impressed!

Darren