Neil Jones

Default Idle thoughts re generators

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message

"Neil Jones" wrote in message
As I was thinking about backup power the other day the following

train
of thought occurred to me:-

1. Generators are available powered by diesel or petrol

2. Petrol car engines are easily converted to run on LPG

3. My gas hob is easily switched between natural gas and LPG

So I was wondering whether or not it is possible to get a petrol
generator running off LPG, and if so, could it be further converted

run off mains gas?

No plans to actually implement this but I'd be interested if it's
technically possible/prohibitively expensive/specifically precluded

by
regulation etc.

Thanks

Neil

What you want is a steam turbine.
Heat the water with a gas jet.

Sort of miniature power station in my garden shed? What's involved and
is this really a practical consideration?