Neil Jones

Default Idle thoughts re generators

"Set Square" wrote in message
Neil Jones wrote:

As I was thinking about backup power the other day the following

train
of thought occurred to me:-

1. Generators are available powered by diesel or petrol

2. Petrol car engines are easily converted to run on LPG

3. My gas hob is easily switched between natural gas and LPG

So I was wondering whether or not it is possible to get a petrol
generator running off LPG, and if so, could it be further converted

run off mains gas?

No plans to actually implement this but I'd be interested if it's
technically possible/prohibitively expensive/specifically precluded

by
regulation etc.

Thanks

Neil

I have a Honda petrol generator which can apparently be converted to

run on
bottled LPG. However, according to Brown Power of Rugby (who supplied

the
generator) it doesn't work with mains gas. [I asked the question

because I
bought it mainly to keep the electrical bits of my gas central heating

going
in the event of a prolonged power cut - and it would have been

convenient to
run the genny on gas at the same time].
--

Yes, this is the sort of application I was thinking about - it would be
more convenient to let it run off the mains gas than keep having to

Neil