Rich Greenberg

In article ,
John/Charleston wrote:

that's good to know. I'd just as soon as pump whatever oil is left
out of the tank rather than let it seep into the local aquifer but
once that's done I'd just as soon leave the empty tank where it is.
I've already built my new porch so there won't be anything else going
on there. I could probably buy a simple pump with some aquarium
tubing and pump it out but I'll call a heating oil co for suggestions.

Not a good idea to leave the empty tank there. It will eventually rust
out and the back yard will collapse in, probably while someone (like
you) is walking over it. After the oil is removed, look into filling
the tank with foam or sand, or even better dig it up and remove it.