william_b_noble

a good idea is to either:
1. permanently affix a length of hose to each air tool, so it can get oily
inside and not matter, or
2. use different connectors (quick disconnect) for oil-air and dry clean air
hoses

One HUGE problem - now all your hoses used past that lubrication
point now have a film of air tool oil inside them. If you ever try
using those hoses or that air source for blow-gun cleaning something
critical, or spray painting, the oil will carry through (doesn't take
much) and you just made a big fish-eyed mess of that paint.

If you are fastidious about having one set of hoses for air tools
with oil in them, and another set of hoses (a different color) for
painting and blow-guns without oil, that can work. But as a practical
matter it'll never work, because someone who either isn't clued in
about your system or just doesn't care (Pointy-Haired Boss, employees,
interns, SWMBO, kids, parents, neighbors) is going to screw it up.

Myself, I can put a few drops of oil in the tools by hand just as
easily. If I ever install a lubricator at home, it'll either be for a
piece of stationary equipment, or that air outlet and any oiled hoses
will be LOCKED UP between uses.

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545