Robert Monsen

But I forgot to mention the Colorix program produces .GIF files
directly while Windows Paint only produces .BMP files which need
conversion. There are utilities to convert formats, but it's nice to
get the finished drawing in the right format without conversion
problems.

FYI, Paint under XP can save files as GIF, TIFF, JPG, and PNG, as well
as various levels of bitmap. You need to change the popup menu on the
saveas dialog to indicate the proper format.

--
Regards,
Robert Monsen

"Your Highness, I have no need of this hypothesis."
- Pierre Laplace (1749-1827), to Napoleon,
on why his works on celestial mechanics make no mention of God.