John Stumbles

RedOnRed wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

This is the problem of the internet. Too much advice and some of it not
sound.

Anyway, I have taken on board all your comments and at least I have a
better idea now.

One final thing. Do you reckon that condensing boiler prices will drop
after April or because they will not have any competition, will the
prices rise?

Why would the prices need to go down? They're most likely to go up once
no-one's got any other option and they've got us over a barrel.

Surely the industry's not that cynical though...lol.

Depends if the manufacturers are operating a cartel covertly (and
probably illegally) keeping prices up, or competing among each other to
get people to buy their, rather than the other manufacturer's, boilers.
If the latter then the prices should come down.

If you compare combis with heating-only boilers, for example, you can
get a combi for not much more than an equivalent heating boiler even
though it contains a lot more 'works' simply because there's a big,
competitive, market in combis and not so much in heating boilers.
Condensing boilers don't contain much more than non-condis so their
present price premium is, I guess, because there isn't much demand: when
that changes there's no reason the prices shouldn't come right down
_sometime_ (how long I've no idea) post-April.

Of course I could be completely wrong, so I'd better put in an
X-no-archive header and hope that no-one quotes this in an archived