Mark D. Zacharias

They aren't interchangeable.

Mark Z.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I found this. Will the KHM-240aaa replace the KHM-220aaa and be an
updated laser that will read CD-r's? Apparently the KHM-220AAA is
single lens/single laser diode and costs about $100 and the KHM-240aaa
is a single lens/dual laser diode and costs $27. One person says it
works as a replacement and another one says the the connector pins are
different.

http://www.audioasylum.com/scripts/t...hirez&m=181185

I found this mention of a KHM-220AAA for $14, but I think it is a
foreign company.
http://www.freelists.org/archives/te.../msg00462.html

I also found a part KSS-220A for $51.
http://www.electronix.com/catalog/pr...oducts_id/8444

I know the easiset thing to do would be sending the unit back to sony
for the $133 repair, but I like tinkering with things myself and would
probably go for the $27 routh if anyone knows if it works.

Brian