Grant Erwin

Default Do I need an oiler/filter/regulator?

It's a filter/regulator. You don't really need an oiler unless you plan
to run air tools nonstop and don't want to bother oiling them manually.
I'd just use what you have.

No, this isn't "just suited for painting". Real painting takes a serious
air dryer, one which refrigerates the air. What you have is just for regular
use. - GWE

Ignoramus10062 wrote:
My compressor has this piece:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Curt.../03_Regulator/

It was included in the sale. Please forgive my extreme ignorance in
asking this question, but I am not sure what it does. It seems to be a
pressure regulator and perhaps air cleaner. Has an opening in the
bottom for a drain valve (I put in a ball valve there). Looks like it
is most suited for spray painting, which I won't do a lot of.

What appears to me, is that this piece seems to be better suited for
painting, and what I need is a filter/oiler/pressure regulator. Is
that right?

If so, which one would you recommend? I would like to buy something
nice.