orangetrader

Why would it be sewage? It is gray water not black water. If you wash your
car is the water runoff "sewage"?

"Doc" wrote in message

"orangetrader" wrote
While I am contemplating how to fix the drain problem with our washer, I
have connected the washer to a flex tube and discharge the laundry water

out
the garage. The water runs across the back yard's concrete paver and

end
up
ponding a little in the back alley.

Apparently one of our neighbors complained to the city and they sent a

code
inspector out and told us we had to stop doing it. I said this is

temporary
and if I were to wash my car there it will have the same effect. She
couldn't quote me any specific violation but told me I have to stop
immediately.

Any there usually regulations against soapy water discharge from

properties?
I asked her if I have a big tub in my back yard and wash the clothes by

hand
and then pour the tub's water out later will it be legal then, she said

that
"might" be acceptable. I don't understand...

I find it hard to believe the code enforcer did not immediately deem the
liquid waste water as "sewage".