geoff

Default Boiler woes *HELP*

In message .uk, Ed
Sirett writes
On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:07:18 +0100, Tony Bryer wrote:

In article , Set Square
wrote:
Can you be a bit more specific about what you mean by "needs

resetting".

I missed the original post but as the OP said

I have a potterton boiler, less than three years old. It now needs
re-igniting almost daily. Its not a combi, apolgies I cant give you
the model, its a small "eco freindly" type that sits quietly in the
kitchen.

I'm guessing that he might have a Potterton Envoy. These have a hot
surface igniter and ignition is on a three strikes and you're
(locked) out ... until you press the reset. Usual fix is to replace
the flame sensor

It might be a Suprima (although there are not eco friendly above other
similar models) in which case it's the PCB.
As for the gas piping, see my FAQ below. I would guess that by the 'book'
they are right but in practice this is not the problem.

Dunno, saying that it needs relighting would lead me to think it was a
perm pilot ( Puma perhaps?)
--
geoff