xrongor

"Liz" wrote in message

"Norminn" wrote in message

I've removed paste a number of times, and all that is needed is water.
Add a touch of your favorite detergent, if you want. Remember, it was
dry when purchased, mixed with water when applied, and held until you wet
it again. If you have a painter coming on Monday, be sure you don't get
the paper coating on the wallboard wet - wouldn't hurt to remind the
painter when you washed the wall. It needs to be real dry when he
paints. Past that is painted over will likely adhere just fine, but runs
the risk to transferring any texture remaining from old wallpaper. For
good measure, I vacuum the wall when dry to be sure dust/lint is removed
before painting. My old towels leave a lot of lint )

I appreciate the advice from everyone.

Norminn, underneath the paper we had at least 3 coats of paint (we're in
this house over 30 years), and 99% of the paper came off easily so we
didn't have to do much scraping. Therefore, the wallboard paper isn't
exposed anywhere that I've noticed, but we'll be extra careful about
checking for that. I hadn't thought of vacuuming the walls so thanks for
that tip. I'm not looking forward to washing all these walls but at least
now I know how to proceed.

I hope everyone else has a nice weekend!

Liz

yeah it sucks, but just remember: the paint job is only as good as the prep
job.

randy