IMM

Default Flext tap Connectors

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:32:54 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
The problems in the USA with Polybutylene (PB) were generally
installation,
not PB related. As the major UK manufacturer of Polybutylene

plumbing
systems Hepworth Plumbing Products take a great interest in this

matter,
and
in over 25 years of manufacturing and selling Hep2O & Acorn, we have

not
seen any of the problems experienced in the USA.

Phew, that's OK then! I never did like the look of those horrible US

crimp
connections, which they still seem to use on PEX.

Independent assessment concluded that such failures were related to
metal fittings and incorrect installations rather than pipe

performance.

Are compression joints (i.e. metal fittings) OK for long term use, too?

All good stuff and Hep are right on many points, but PB is still not used

in
the USA. In a country like that you would think if it is fine and

problems
were due to other factors it still would be used. Still not used.

Not really. All sorts of things are done in every country that are
not based on sound technical or scientific reasons......

Cause for concern!