N. Thornton

Default re paving - real stone or concrete imitation...?

"Neil Jones" wrote in message ...
"james" wrote in message
om...

interesting that you are expecting a 50% cost saving on materials
using this stone compared with the readymade moulded concrete version,
but on the pavingexpert.com site i'd noticed it said "...stone paving
is considerably more expensive than the concrete alternatives..."
(http://www.pavingexpert.com/york01.htm)

Yes - it probably is if you compare real York stone (ie from Yorkshire)
with some of the concrete products. I was comparing the top of the range
concrete (Chancery). Incidentally, Marshall's own real stone products
(Haworth Moor) are also slightly cheaper than Chancery. It's imported
stone too, of course, although they try to disguise it with the name...

imported sandstone for about £17 per sq m.

I just dont understand why the OP would consider paying twice the
price of stone for inferior concrete.

Regards, NT