DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 00:45:41 GMT, the renowned Charles Morrill
wrote:

I do so like to see a machine that's had an "easy life...."
Yes friends, just take a good look at what your getting. It truly is in
"excellant condition."

Looks like it spent a good part of its easy life as an outdoorsman
rather than cooped up in some corner of dry shop being forced to spin
cutters and such.

Yep! And I wonder about the "independent paint contractor". is
this perhaps one whose normal contracts are painting houses? Certainly
not someone who knows machine tools, anyway.

He also seems to have an interesting interpretation of the term
"universal mill". :-)

And I think that 0.507" is out of range spec for most collets for
use on 0.500". I wonder which style of collets it uses? R8? 5C? (With
Hardinge, I might consider the 5C to be likely.)
Certainly not a Morse 2 and probably not a Morse 3 if one will hold 3/4".

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564