John Rumm

Andy Kaye wrote:

I need to change my boiler as it is now very old. I see that from
April 2005 it will be necessary to fit a condensing boiler.

I want to get away with as little change to the pumped CH and geavity
HW system that is currently in the house.

You will need to get away from the gravity HW and go fully pumped...

I will need a standard flue kit. My existing flue is balanced so must
I put in a flue stack up to roof level and does it have to be
insulated etc.?

There is no reason it has to go up to the roof. Where (and at what
height) does it currently exit?

Can I have an open vented pumped CH system and gravity HW with a
condensing boiler?

Why would you want to? conversion to a fully pumped sealed system is
pretty straight forward.

What other changes might I have to make?

You ought to bring the controls up to standard, so a stat on the HW
cylinder, and room stat plus thermostatic rad valves elsewhere if not
already fitted.

Depending on the state of the rads and pipework, it may or may not take
well to being pressurised.

--
Cheers,

John.