Terry

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
Jamie wrote:

Make it easy on everybody - pack up the radio and send it to Yaseu for
repair. That way there won't be any argument about overcharging, etc,
and you'll know it was fixed right.

That sounds like an excellent suggestion.
And in the meantime you are holding the 520!
Maybe it suffered a similar fate at the hands of the owner?

Mine: The other day my very good neighbour, but he of little electrical
comprehension, brought over their 14 inch Sharp TV (I'm still trying to find
a circuit for a Sharp 14F24C BTW). Cheap; this is a 1981 set!
The AC 4 amp fuse was blown and indication is that something had also gone
open, probably in the power supply section immediately following the fuse.
Advised neighbour that there was/is a problem and "That's why the fuse
blew". That's what fuses are for!
Also rejected his suggestion that we wrap Al foil around the blown fuse!
Advised him I'd try to get a circuit diagram in order to trouble shoot it!
Today told me he drove all the way into the city and bought some fuses; but
guess what?
That didn't fix it!
He also says that when I tested it previously I had said 'It has a bad
cord'. What I had actually told him was that there was 'No circuit looking
into the set through the AC plug and cord'. Which of course was confirmed by
the blown fuses. But could have been the on/off switch, the cord itself or
as it turns out circuit problem! printed circuit board, 'Ugh'!