Neil Harvey

Default Powematic 66 Dust Port Too Big?

I have just purchased a powermatic 66 and found that the metal dust
port is too big for my plastic fitting for my dust collector...fitting
purchased at WoodCraft. The plastic fitting fits every other
tool...Jet bandsaw, Delta planer, powermatic jointer, etc. But for
some reason doesn't fit the PM 66. I measured the PM66 port and it is
exactly 4 inches outside diameter. The inside diameter of the plastic
fitting is slightly less than 4 inches.

So far the PM 66 has been great...but for this one problem.

Any ideas for resolving this problem? Any thoughts on why this
occurred?