Neil Harvey

Default Powematic 66 Dust Port Too Big?

I have just purchased a powermatic 66 and found that the metal dust
port is too big for my plastic fitting for my dust collector...fitting
purchased at WoodCraft. The plastic fitting fits every other
tool...Jet bandsaw, Delta planer, powermatic jointer, etc. But for
some reason doesn't fit the PM 66. I measured the PM66 port and it is
exactly 4 inches outside diameter. The inside diameter of the plastic
fitting is slightly less than 4 inches.

So far the PM 66 has been great...but for this one problem.

Any ideas for resolving this problem? Any thoughts on why this
occurred?
Patriarch

Neil Harvey wrote in
:

I have just purchased a powermatic 66 and found that the metal dust
port is too big for my plastic fitting for my dust collector...fitting
purchased at WoodCraft. The plastic fitting fits every other
tool...Jet bandsaw, Delta planer, powermatic jointer, etc. But for
some reason doesn't fit the PM 66. I measured the PM66 port and it is
exactly 4 inches outside diameter. The inside diameter of the plastic
fitting is slightly less than 4 inches.

So far the PM 66 has been great...but for this one problem.

Any ideas for resolving this problem? Any thoughts on why this
occurred?

Try some 4" PVC S&D pipe and/or fittings from the hardware store. A little
fiddling, a little metal tape, a little patience, a few magic words...

Enjoy the new saw.

Patriarch
Unisaw A100

Take a piece of something and cut a hole from one side to
accommodate the machine opening. Make the cut half way
through the piece of something.

Now flip over the piece of something and make another hole
from the other side to accommodate the piping. Make the cut
half way through the piece of something.

Paint to match something and silicone in place/use
screws/whatever.

UA100
Slowhand

"Neil Harvey" wrote in message
I have just purchased a powermatic 66 and found that the metal dust
port is too big for my plastic fitting for my dust collector...fitting
purchased at WoodCraft.

I just had to deal with this on my minimax mm16 bandsaw. They come with
metric dust collection fittings. I solved the problem using the bell end
from pvc drain pipe from the local lumber yard. I bought a piece 10' long
and cut the bell end off with a hack saw.

The bell end fits snuggly on the dust port (add a little duct tape to make
sure it's fastened) and I have those quick disconnect fittings on my hose
that fit perfectly in the bell end of the drain pipe.
SH