Joseph Meehan

EggRaid wrote:
I fired TruGreen because the ended up killing my grass rather than
making it beautiful.

I want to do this myself and bought a broadcast speader and a bag of
weed 'n feed.

The instructions tell me how to apply it, but not the frequency or
WHEN.

So I ask:

When do I apply this ( I live in San Antonio, Tx, and have St.
Augustine grass)
And
How frequently do I do it?

Thanks

ER

Rule #1. Most of the time the best time to apply weed control is not
the best time to apply the feed. Combination products are seldom your best
bet.

Sorry you are not in my area so my guess as to the best time is going to
be worthless. However you do have a local county extension service and they
can help you out with really good local information.

I recommend that you do not follow the instructions on the packages.
Those instructions are designed to sell product, not give you the best lawn.
Most often those instructions and products are designed to give you a quick
green burst, but not a lasting healthy lawn.

A soil test would not be a bad idea. The county extension office can
help you out there, they may even tell you it is not needed due to the
uniformity of the area. They don't make a profit off you so they will give
you good advice.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math