RedOnRed

"Andy Kaye" wrote in message
om...
I need to change my boiler as it is now very old. I see that from
April 2005 it will be necessary to fit a condensing boiler.

I want to get away with as little change to the pumped CH and geavity
HW system that is currently in the house.

I will need a standard flue kit. My existing flue is balanced so must
I put in a flue stack up to roof level and does it have to be
insulated etc.?

Can I have an open vented pumped CH system and gravity HW with a
condensing boiler?

What other changes might I have to make?

Thanks for you time. I have looked through loads of posts but see
conflicting comments.

Andy Kaye

Sounds like you're in an identical situation to me. I'm having a new
condensing boiler fiitted in April. My existing boiler is 28 years old.

Every plumber that has been round to quote has said that the system needs
modifying, ie, changing from gravity semi fully pumped to a fully pumped
system with a system boiler.

IMHO, if i'm spending all the money on a nice new highly efficient
boiler...we may as well go the extra distance and spend a bit more to get it
running optimally. It's really not that much extra.