Default Sony DVP-S530D C:13:00 error

Over the past couple of years, I have read alot about this problem. I
have read about the class action suit against sony, ben morris's fix,
all the complaints, etc. Last week I finally got fed up with mine and
went and bought a new one. I bought a Sony DVP-NS775V (stayed with
sony because I have a Sony visa card with about $400 worth of points to
use up). I am disappointed with the picture quality and I think that
my old 530d has a drastically better picture. I had the choice of
exchanging my 530d for a refurbished one for $252.19:

http://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/...30D&exchRep=no

Repair it for $133:

http://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/...on=forceRepair

Or buy the DVP-NS775 for $116.99 at circuit city and getting that
credited back to my credit card.

I chose the third one but after seeing the picture quality of the 775,
I am looking into repairing my 530d myself. Below are links to what
may be replacement parts.

I bought my 530d back in 2000 and spent $299 on it because I wanted a
nice DVD player that I planned on using for 10 years or so. Other
players at the time were available for less that $150, but I went ahead
and spent the extra money because I thought I was getting a better
quality player. I love everything about the 530d-picture, menus, look,
sound, decoding, digitalout, hookups- except that I have to fight with
the thing and sometimes skip entire chapters to make it through a
movie. It will play some dvds flawlessly and won't play others that
are brand new strait out of an unopened box.

Specifically, what is the cause of the C:13:00(diry disc) error and the
part number needed to replace?

Is it the fuse that ben morris replaced?
http://www.benmorris.net/DVD/

Is it the spidle motor that has a part cost of about $6?
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=13687
http://www.electronix.com/catalog/de...sort/1a/page/1

Is it the optical pickup? Are these replacement pickups?
http://www.electronix.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id/11145
http://www.electronix.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id/11146

Is there a part available at www.partstore.com or
www.mcmelectronics.com?