James Sweet

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On 22 Feb 2005 19:06:28 -0800, "Js" put finger to
keyboard and composed:

My first question is how do I locate the Vertical IC? If I
locate and replace the IC what are the chacnes that is the only problem
or is there a good chance more components will need replaced?

I don't know your particular model, but can you post the part numbers
of likely ICs? Look for an IC on a heatsink, probably in a SIP. It
should be located near the yoke connector(s). Check the supply to this
IC. It will probably come from a winding on the flyback transformer
via a fusible resistor. Replace the electrolytic capacitors in the
vicinity of this IC, and also replace the smaller caps in the main
power supply as a precaution.

And when you find it, check any fusible resistors in the area, one or more
of them will usually open up when the chip fails..