George

"Bill" wrote in message

This whole story is bull****! This man is not EXXON sitting there in
Charleston selling gasoline to the public...he is a homeowner with a
fuel oil storage tank in his yard! These stupid assed horror stories
are urban myths promulgated by angry former gasoline station owners
who have had to clean up their property after leaking fuel into the
ground for years and years selling gasoline to the public.

Bill

You don't need to sell gasoline to the public or even have a large tank for
it to be a problem. My buddy bought a small building for an office. There
was a underground tank that was used only for heating oil just for the
building. There were no other tanks or any sort of manufacturing done on the
property. The tank was leaking and by the time he paid for all of the
remediation expense he had spent ~$280,000. Often the previous owner can be
held responsible but they were bankrupt so my buddy had to pay for
everything.