Liz

"Norminn" wrote in message

I've removed paste a number of times, and all that is needed is water. Add
a touch of your favorite detergent, if you want. Remember, it was dry
when purchased, mixed with water when applied, and held until you wet it
again. If you have a painter coming on Monday, be sure you don't get the
paper coating on the wallboard wet - wouldn't hurt to remind the painter
when you washed the wall. It needs to be real dry when he paints. Past
that is painted over will likely adhere just fine, but runs the risk to
transferring any texture remaining from old wallpaper. For good measure, I
vacuum the wall when dry to be sure dust/lint is removed before painting.
My old towels leave a lot of lint )

I appreciate the advice from everyone.

Norminn, underneath the paper we had at least 3 coats of paint (we're in
this house over 30 years), and 99% of the paper came off easily so we didn't
have to do much scraping. Therefore, the wallboard paper isn't exposed
anywhere that I've noticed, but we'll be extra careful about checking for
that. I hadn't thought of vacuuming the walls so thanks for that tip. I'm
not looking forward to washing all these walls but at least now I know how
to proceed.

I hope everyone else has a nice weekend!

Liz