Bob G.

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:44:48 -0700, "xrongor"
wrote:

there was once a time where people actually fixed things. not just bought a
new one and replaced it, but fixed things. if they didnt make exactly what
you wanted, you made it yourself. it was assumed you knew how to look at a
problem and solve it. look at old popular mechanics magazines for one
example. heck, they practically assumed you had a welder in the garage.
and you know what, you probably did.

ah but times have changed. thinking has become a thing of the past.
spending is the new thing.

every time i suggest anything requiring some thought or innovation, one of
you guys comes out of the woodwork and attacks me for being 'unsafe' or just
plain crazy. it gets tiring trying to explain myself to you one track
minded idiots that have long since lost the ability to think. maybe there
should be a seperate group called
alt.home.pay.someone.to.fix.it.cause.i.cant.think .for.myself.

i give up. just toss it and buy a new one. if it doent exist, pay someone
to do your thinking for you. i figure at the current rate of knowledge
degredation, its only a few years before everything simply becomes
disposable anyway. we arent that far off now. the plug and play house and
the disposable education.

randy

==========================
Randy:
I have NOT read any of the replies to your post...BUT
WILL ...

I am in my "early" 60's and I do have a welder in the garage..lol

BUT I can tell you that personally I would never give up ...just not
my "style"...you can call me cheap, hard headded or even nuts I do
not care .

That said some things are just easier to replace then fix... I had my
$100 coffee pot (Krupt or something like that spring a leak..).. that
sucker was never made to be taken apart... I went out and purchased a
Cheap Mr. Coffee ...but only after killing a few hours "playing with
the expensive leaker... Did I give UP...HELL NO... that baby is
sitting on my workbench right now I'll fix it and use it in the Garage
....question is when?

Bob Griffiths.