IMM

Default Flext tap Connectors

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
The problems in the USA with Polybutylene (PB) were generally

installation,
not PB related. As the major UK manufacturer of Polybutylene plumbing
systems Hepworth Plumbing Products take a great interest in this matter,

and
in over 25 years of manufacturing and selling Hep2O & Acorn, we have not
seen any of the problems experienced in the USA.

Phew, that's OK then! I never did like the look of those horrible US crimp
connections, which they still seem to use on PEX.

Independent assessment concluded that such failures were related to
metal fittings and incorrect installations rather than pipe performance.

Are compression joints (i.e. metal fittings) OK for long term use, too?

All good stuff and Hep are right on many points, but PB is still not used in
the USA. In a country like that you would think if it is fine and problems
were due to other factors it still would be used. Still not used.

I personally prefer PEX as it is stiffer.