Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
BTW, my Makita has very nice NiMH packs. Light and high capacity.

Read what I read. Lith Ion and Lith Poly batteries and now Lithium
Sulphur, will be introduced as these hold 3 to 4 times the charge of the
current crop. These batteries mean electric cars are now feasible with
ranges of 200-300 miles.

You seem to have missed this bit on their advertising blurb

"For high power applications in power tools and appliances, Li-S is nearly
the same as nickel cadmium and nickel metal hydride in its rate capability"

Now the high current rate of a decent Ni-Cad is *essential* to a decent
drill - just changing the mediocre ones supplied with a PPPro etc for good
ones makes a vast difference to even that drill.

--
*It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.