Charles Spitzer

"JM" wrote in message ...
Our 1989 built-in microwave stopped working, so I bought a replacement.
The problem is that the old microwave was huge, and the cutout requirement
for the new microwave/trim kit is 3" smaller in height than the existing
hole.

The trim kit specs 15 3/4", the existing hole is 18 1/2".

Any ideas on how to fill the gap? Should I try to match the wood stain,
or am I better off using a contrasting material? I don't have a lot of
money to spend here, that's why I'm trying to do this myself. Any ideas
and suggestions appreciated.

A picture so you can get an idea of the cabinet material/color:
http://home.comcast.net/~jdmcahren/microwave.jpg

Thanks!

consider putting on doors. home depot/lowes sell custom sized doors, already
drilled and hinged for install.