xrongor

i suspect warm water alone would also work, but ive used both vinegar and
fabric softener with success. i cant say much for wallpaper remover, never
used the stuff. i just use a wet rag and a scraper to get wallpaper off.

as you realize, you need to get the glue globs off. even primer wont stick
well to them so its not wise to just primer over them. after you have done
that, wash the wall again real quick with water to get all the
vinegar/fabric softener off.

prime and paint as usual.

randy

"Liz" wrote in message
We have stripped the wall paper off of our LR, DR and hallway walls, and
the painter is coming on Monday to start painting. This weekend we will
be washing the walls to remove any remaining glue. We've been given
advice about how to go about this: vinegar and warm water, warm water and
dish detergent, warm water and fabric softener. We're confused...can
anyone steer us in the right direction?

TIA!

Liz