Camilo

"David Combs" wrote in message
Are there any LED lights that can do a wide beam? Are there any that

you'd
actually consider using to light a path at night?

Sure would be nice if there was one that, like the maglites,
you could adjust the beam-width.

David, I have a petzl headlamp - has a two or three bulb LED as well as a
conventional beam which is adjustable. The LED beam has a very wide field
which works OK for on the trail but really handy for doing stuff - you know,
packing and unpacking backpack, fiddling with gear, etc. etc. I've found
that the conventional, adjustable beam is best for walking or running on a
trail, especially if you're moving quickly, but the LED is OK also.