Camilo

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
My significant other has decided she needs some fairly heavy items hung on
the walls. I'd really like to anchor these into studs if possible, and

hate
playing "find a stud" by tapping the wall until the tone changes then
driving a skinny nail to see if my knuckle and ear were properly

calibrated.

Anyone got a recommendation for a good stud finder? Cost is a factor

here -
this won't be a tool I use that often.

Our walls are sheetrock over wood framing if that helps.

Thanks in advance,

By a $20 stud finder. Avoid the magnetic ones - they don't work well (have
to be over a nail). I got a real Zircon studfinder after years of playing
the find the stud game and it's one of the handiest tools i've ever had.
You may think you're only going to use it once, but you'll be surprised
after a couple years go by how much you use it.

Camilo